In this week, we are going to make the Interview with Ko Aung Win who is the Owner of Hlaing Kyi Coffee Roasters.
1. We would like to begin the interview with some biographical information. Can you please let me know about yourself ?
I am Mr.Aung Win. I am Owner of HLAING KYI COFFEE ROASTERS. I was born in 1984, March,25. I Finished the degree with computer studying.
2. When did you become the Owner of Hlaing Kyi Coffee Roasters and How did you start it ?
I started doing coffee business since from 2014. At first, I roasting coffee by hand. After 5 month of hand roasting, I bought coffee roaster. Later, I learn about coffee plants and start doing coffee roasting about specialty grade arabica coffee and raw green beans selling. I learn little more about arabica coffee and Hulling beans myself.
3. What are the main products of your company/business ?
Mainly, I sell specialty grade Arabica Coffee. But I do produce ghee for tea shops and also distribute condensed milk and dry tea.
4. Do you have factory or workshop by your own in Myanmar ?
I have a workshop at Yangon. I roasting coffee and Hulling coffee beans by myself and with staff.
5. What are the main challenges you face as a Myanmar manufacturers ?
Coffee price up and down, hard to applying latest technology.
6. Are you exporting to other countries ?
Currently, I export small amount of green beans for coffee roasters from Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand. Monthly, I can sell approximately half tons of green beans.
7. Do you have oversea Exports, Imports, Oversea Buyers and Trade Partners ?
I sell green beans for overseas coffee roasters and coffee traders.
8. Do you want to say anything to our MadeInMyanmar.asia Web Portal ?
Thanks for introducing our Myanmar products at International markets.